Step 5: Establish Trust
Now that you have started getting traffic into your sales funnel, which begins with your free gift offer and eventually leads people to your product offer(s), you’re ready to move people farther into your sales funnel for long-term value to you and them.
But you have to establish trust all along the way. Some people may be ready to puchase from you after seeing your free gift. But most will need to build more trust.
How do you do that?
Nurture, Upsell, Nurture, Upsell, Nurture, Upsell…that’s the sequence you’ll be repeating over and over. What it means is that you must continue to give your audience a reason to stay with you (more free gifts, tips, videos, etc.) while you introduce your product offers gracefully along the way.
The upsell process is delicate at times…different people respond to different types of information and different forms of communication and languaging.
But there are some things you can count on…
- Here are some things you should try to include in your sales (upsell) funnel…
- Nurturing emails with additional value.
- Upsell emails suggesting next-steps for the reader.
- Upsell emails making special offers.
- Webinars or videos that explain your work while also suggesting a next step (sale).
- Live group Q&A calls – for those who have questions and want to hear from you personally.
- Online chat or call center.
- Sales page (the place where people actually purchase online).
- Direct to Cart page (for people who are already sold and don’t need to see the complete sales page).