Step 3: Give Something Away
Your next step is to create what is often called an IFO, or Irresistable Free Offer.
The IFO is a critcal step in your online success. It’s where you first grab the attention of your visitors and turn them into fans of your work – from cold leads into warm leads.
The IFO makes a promised to the visitor. It says, “If you grab my free gift (and get onto my mailing list), I’ll give you a special taste of my work that you’re going to love… and you can decide if you want to take another step.”
- It’s where you make your first impression.
- It’s the beginning of your long-term, profitable relationship.
- It’s where you begin to establish trust.
So many entrepreneurs under-estimate the imporatnce of this step and make one of these common mistakes when setting up their IFOs:
- They offer a sample chaper or some other existing material excerpted from another product – something that makes it easy for the author — instead of carefully crafting give the visitor exactly the right impression.
- They make the free gift into a sales brochure, without giving the visitor anyting of value. The visitor jus goes away feeling they got the “bait and switch” and scammed into joining your list.
- They give too much value in the IFO and don’t leave the visitor wanting to know more.
Your free gift should be so good, you want everyone you talk to to get one before they do anything else.