Your product strategy is essential to turning your passion into profit. You’ll want to think about all the different types of content you can sell to your audience and make sure…
- They are created to fill a need (or solve a problem) for your IDEAL CUSTOMER.
- They are distinct and differentiated from each other in terms of the BENEFITS to the user.
- They offer a variety of price-points and benefits.
- They are disinct and unique in the marketplace, offering something your competition does not offer (your unique slant and approach).
- They deliver Return On Investment that is as good or better than your competition.
Basically that means you have branded and positioned your work. Make sure the marketing copy (language) surrounding your products always repeats your branding messages (your unique approach and distinction). Never allow your work to sound like a thousand others when you describe it.
When deciding on your product strategy, you’ll want to narrow the possibilities down to the ones best suited to your personliy. For example, if you are outgoing and photogenic, you might choose to create a video course or show. If you are shy but brilliant, then maybe you’ll enjoy writing.
Here are a few possibilities to consider…
- Book or manual.
- Audio or video training course.
- Webinar or PowerPoint speeches.
- Live tele-class. Recorded tele-class.
- Software as a Service.
- Personal coaching or consulting.
- Membership club or group with your curated content.
- One-day or Weekend workshops.
- Mastermind groups (VIP networking groups).
- A mobile App.