Step 4: Drive Traffic
At the end of the day…online success comes down to traffic, which means reaching an audience and guiding them in the direction of your work. You can have the best products in the world and the most advanced website and a compelling free gift offer. You can create webinars and email sequences to guide people down your sales path (funnel) – but where are all those people going to come from?
Where do you get traffic at a reasonable cost?
Considering all the noise and confusion in the online marketing world, you may be pleasantly surprised to know that there are exactly FOUR ways to drive traffic online…
- You can PAY for it. Called Paid Media, this includes banner advetising and PPC click-advertising. This is when you pay someone else to reach THEIR audience.
- You can SHARE for it. Called Performance Media or Affiliate Marketing, this is where you pay a commission to the person who has the audience AFTER they make a sale for you.
- You can TRADE for it. Called Exchange Media or Cross Promotion, this is where you promote the company that promotes you.
- You can WORK for it. Called Organic Media or SEO, this is everything you do to get people to see your content. It includes social media, article marketing, blogging, podcasting, video channels, and online publicity.
Each of these four types of media (traffic) has Pros and Cons, which are provided in our online version of this ebook (see icons to the right). Your job is to choose the perfect mixture of the four types of media for your unique situation, which means evaluating…
- Your goals and desires.
- Your existing resources and assets.
- Your skills and innate talents.